Friday 31 July 2015

FORGETFULLY YOURS

I ask.

I beg.

I grovel.

I complain.

I blame…

…God.

I magnify the pain in my imagination. It is usually just a heartache, or financial insecurity, or fear of discovery for some little act of commission or omission.

My pleading with the unknown, unseen, and very often unacknowledged Power is more persuasive and pitiful than that of any beggar on the street can be.

And The Power grants my wishes; the ache in the heart becomes a patch of flowers, the need to pay up somewhere is taken care of, the little error loses its significance with the passage of a few days. The world moves on, the existence of God is laid open to question again, the reflection in the mirror of my conscious being convinces me that I think reasonably well, I plan well and I do well.

Obeisance is still paid to God, somewhat slyly, more to keep him in good humour than for anything else. He has been helpful in the past, although the memory gets cob-webbed too soon; and while the present seems secure, the future is yet unknown. Better to have Him on my side! Now, the tone of asking is different. There are perceptible shades of resentment and questioning; why this or that should not be mine, or should happen to me, and a million other doubts. God’s judgement is questioned, and efforts are made to influence it with cunning flattery.

My ego grows. I know the way. I can even pray for others and get God’s ear. I am the sagely one, the learned one, the enlightened one, the favoured one. It goes to my head that I have a hotline to The Almighty, that I carry influence with The Power…

…Till the next kick in the pants bursts my bubble.

Pain, insecurity, illness, need, greed, gluttony!

Begging, grovelling, dust once again. Again a spate of promises in return for favours asked. Again the little I imploring the big He…

…till it is resolved and I can safely forget again.

x          x          x          x          x          x          x          x

There must be a better way.

Is He the God-of-Bad-Times only? How many times must I fall to learn that he is Lord-of-the-Good-Times, too? The God-of-Happy-Children, the God-of-Joy-at-Work, the God-of-Peace-at-Home, the God-of-Good-Friends, the God-of-Good-Health, the God-of-a-Roof-on-My-Head-and-Warmth-in-My-Bed, the God-of-Shoes-on-My-Little-Girl’s-Feet, the God-of-Food-on-My-Son’s-Plate, the God-of-the-Memories-of-my-Parents, the God-of-Hope-and-Love-and-Laughter-and-Sunshine-and-Young-People-Holding-Hands?

The-God-to-Give-Thanks-to, not to beg?

While He takes care of His world. And of the little non-existent speck that is I.


“Zeina Glo brings you the radiant glow of inner peace, good health and attendant beauty.
Zeina Glo helps you strip off layers of inhibitions, hesitation, and cynicism, allowing your thoughts and emotions to flow freely.
Zeina Glo helps to douse the flames of insecurity and guilt, to open the windows of mind and body to the cool fresh breeze of love.
Zeina Glo encourages you to spread inner peace, good health, radiance, exuberance, warmth, joy and the glow from your inner being.
Zeina Glo brings the beauty of your own thoughts back to you!!”


For, questions, criticism or advice, please post comments here, or write to zeinaglo@rediffmail.com or zeinaglow@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment